Hall and Smith Energy has always been a family owned company. Originally started as Smith Oil Company in 1956, run as a Gulf oil distributor, by Vincent H. Smith in
Jackman, Maine. The company was passed on to Vincent's son, John S. Smith in 1972 until 1986 when, Scott V. Smith purchased the business. Smith Oil Company partnered
with R.H. Foster in 1997 and purchased L.F. Hall Distributors to create Hall and Smith Energy. In 2011 Scott V. Smith, grandson of Vincent regained 100% ownership of
Hall and Smith Energy and is currently a Gulf oil dealer.
When Vincent started the company he took pride in treating every customer like part of the family. It is our intention to continue servicing people with that same personal touch.