Oil Tank / Furnace Tips
- Inspect your oil tank yearly – if you notice a leak contact us as soon as possible.
If your heating system turns off - try checking the following before making a service call:
- Check the boiler switch (the red switch usually in a closet or stair well), make sure it is in the "on" position.
- Look at the thermostat to be sure it is set above room temperature or to "heat".
- Check your circuit breaker, and or, fuse box. It may be tripped.
- Lastly, press the reset button on the furnace burner – it is a red button located usually on the top of the burner. Only reset one time.
If the unit comes on, you are probably in good shape, if not, please give us a call and we will be happy to help you get it going.
The following link will
offer more tips on your heating system: www.maineenergymarketers.com